[geeks] bzflag is fun

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon May 27 16:53:51 CDT 2002

> It runs nice and snappy on my Powerbook G3 (Pismo).  Looks good too.  That
> has a Rage 128 pro mobility (8meg) on it.

The 700Mhz Dell laptop I just returned to my former employer ran bzflag
like a champ under Win2k - all options on with high quality everything.
It had a Rage Mobility as well, I don't know if it was Pro, but it only
had 8MB.  Under Linux, it sucked dead donkety dick, but I thgink that
was more due to the fact taht I wasn't using an accelerated X server.
The odd thing is that my personal identical laptop, running Win2k, sucks
dead donkey dick too.  It's possible that the latest
drivers/patches/whatever are not installed on my personal laptop
(Karin's actually).

Both the Octane and the O2 run bzflag awesomely with different options -
the Octane does great geometry, and the O2 does awsome textureing.
Never the twain shall meet though, until I get a couple TRAMs for my
Octane (pipe dreams...).

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com