[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sun May 26 23:31:05 CDT 2002

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Dave Kimmel wrote:

> > Most Quadra 610's were full '040's, only the 8/160 config was an LC.
> > Are you sure you have the LC?  (IF you do, I have a spare 040 25MHz
> > kicking around...)

> I just opened it up and checked, and it is the 68LC040.  This particular
> one seems to have a ~230MB hard drive and 24MB of RAM (I'm guessing 8MB on
> the motherboard and 16MB in SIMMs).

So you know, you wrote in the beginning that you probably wouldn't have
problems since you got linux to boot on it... I've got a performa with
an LC, and my reading on the problem said to me that you being able to
boot does not indicate the lack of the problem.  I think the LCs were
unreliable about certain instructions that MacOS didn't care about, but
the UNIXen did...

Just thought I'd warn you now...

--Kurt