[geeks] Beige G3 was: Training

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Sun May 26 04:29:31 CDT 2002

>with my new toy and think about OS-X if it is compatible with this
> beastie :)

>osx is a pain in the ass on those machines. i've got four of them at
>work. i got them together because they had been surplused and were going
>to be thrown away. i needed a farm to work on log files (>2GB/day).
>anyhow, i couldnt get osx to install happily on any of them, and there
>was nothing but problems. there is more data on apples site

I've had two Biege G3's both running OSX without much trouble.  Granted did
pump the memory up to 768 on both.  One now at a client site doing graphic work
and other traded to a former Rescue member for a couple of Servers.  Installed
both clean (no OS9.x) not sure if that helps with any issues.  HTH

Phil

--
"I talk to myself, and when I do that, I know I am talking to an
           intelligent person" - Nelson DeMille

        Phil Schilling - GCS Tech - phils at gcstech.net