[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri May 24 14:10:05 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 01:02:02PM -0700, Rick Hamell wrote:
> > > So, you don't use google?  Yahoo?  Hotmail? slashdot?  Pick any one of those
> > > sites and you are using freebsd.
> >
> > I thought Google was all linux?
>
> 	Google is a subsidary of Yahoo. :) Very much all FreeBSD.

I didn't know that they were a subsidary.  I did know that yahoo had
contracts for getting services from google.

I doubt it is really acurate to say that yahoo is all freebsd either.  I
know that their core search services were once all freebsd, and that
yahoo stores was once all freebsd.  But, do they really force everything
to convert to freebsd when they make aquisitions?  It seems to me that
when you aquire a company, the last thing you want to do is to force them
to migrate their servers prematurely.

On their contributers page[1], they only say that, "most of our web servers
run FreeBSD".

--
Joshua D. Boyd

[1]http://docs.yahoo.com/info/misc/contributors.html