[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri May 24 11:20:55 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:52:06AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:00:00PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >
> > So, you don't use google?  Yahoo?  Hotmail? slashdot?  Pick any one of those
> > sites and you are using freebsd.
>
> that's not even close to the same thing as running freebsd on a machine you are
> in control of and you know it.

Quite a lot of people I know use the computers they control as terminals to
access yahoo, AIM, hotmail, and virtually never do anything locally.

One friend even does chemical modelling via a web app.

Under circumstances like these, it seems fair to say they these people are
using FreeBSD more than windows.

Just ignore me.  Bad day, life, planet, whatever.

--
Joshua D. Boyd