[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri May 24 11:18:07 CDT 2002

On Friday, May 24, 2002, at 09:00 , Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> So, you don't use google?  Yahoo?  Hotmail? slashdot?  Pick any one of
> those
> sites and you are using freebsd.

Google=yes
All the others, no.  I don't like Yahoo, or Hotmail. (Don't forget what
most of Hotmail runs on, either...  Sun...), and slahdot is just
annoying.

But, If you want to use that argument, then you're more likely to run
into Solaris before FreeBSD. Or even <shudder> Winblows.

Besides, my intent was to center around *personal* use.  I play with
openBSD, but for all of my work it's either Solaris/SPARC or MacOS.  For
the most part, I find x86-based systems to be crude and
poorly-designed.  I know I generalize, and I had to, I'd own an
AMD-based system running a BSD or Solaris x86, but overall I'm not
impressed.

What's even more amazing is that somehow I function just fine. :-)

-Pete