[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Fri May 24 10:50:21 CDT 2002

> Just because you are a competent technician does not mean you are good
> at
> everything.  I don't know what you're certified in, so without telling
> us
> what you're certified in that information is pretty worthless.  You
> might,

i figured you'd catch the inference that i am a certified linux
administrator. if not, well, you know now.

> I agree with you.  However, someone was having problems with Redhat, and
> then blaming Linux.  That is clearly silly.  Linux is not Redhat.
> Redhat

thats right, linux is a kernel, forever and ever, amen.

>> this is the inherent problem in the rpm architecture. the one premise
>> it
>> is built upon is that rpm's are all built in the same way to the same
>> standards.
>
> Indeed.  What this has to do with Linux, though, I am not entirely clear
> about.

i can see how you would be unclear on that with the comment out of
context as such.

> is just one out of many Linux distributions.  To say "Linux sucks"
> because
-snip-
>> but we weren't talking about other os's, we were talking about linux.
>> we
>> just had the linux vs bsd flamewar, remember?
>
> When you say Linux sucks because you have difficulty with dependencies,
> it
> is legitimate to point out that every other OS in existence has the same
> problem.

the only person saying linux sucks, from what i can see, is you. and i'd
have to agree.

alex