[geeks] C compiler won't create executables ..WTF?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Fri May 24 00:21:22 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 18:59, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 08:30:35PM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> > >Gimme BSD and ports anyday over this RPM bullshit
> > You've not seen packaging nirvana yet.
> > 3 words: apt-get install xine
>
> Perfect combination: apt-get and solaris.
>
> mmmm.  If it only existed. 8-)

Hmm...  Actually, it wouldn't be that tough.  Could be done with
sunfreeware.com, with a little help from the folks there (I'm not sure
if apt groks solaris packages, but it wouldn't be hard to write),
otherwise we'd need packages for solaris in one of the formats that
somebody else has made apt work with, either rpm or deb (rpms are a
butload easier to create, but kind of ugly sometimes).  Oh, wait, you
were kidding, weren't you?
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please don't copy me on replies to the list.