[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu May 23 23:58:39 CDT 2002

> > > OK, this is all done, I JUST compiled the xine-lib source and I CHECKED
> > > it is there in /usr/local/* Hell I even ran ldconfig -v twice! I edited
> > > ld.so.conf to point at the libray folder and I still get the above. WTF
> > > is wrong with this shit? I have been fucking with this for hours now and
> > > am ready to set this on FIRE.
> >
> > Why didn't you just install the prebuilt xine rpms?
>
> If it was that fucking easy.
>
> They would not work or else I would have. RPM barfed about all sorts of deps
> that were broken

ISTR having to grab about four rpms to satisfy the xine
dependencies.  It sounds like you didn't specify any
of the development tools when you installed.  You should
be able to boot the installation CD, select upgrade, and
add the development packages.  The installer will take care
of satisfying all the dependencies.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net