[geeks] C compiler won't create executables ..WTF?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu May 23 21:00:31 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 09:02:36PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> I'd rather have a Solaris ports tree.  And/or an IRIX port tree.  If Sun
> and SGI are going to support freeware on their OS (freeware.sgi.com / Sun
> SW Companion), why don't they do it right, or at least support a
> grassroots effort to do something other than relase an ISO full of b0rken
> binaries?

implementing a ports tree is cake.  finding people to maintain all the ports
is where it gets hairy.  i have been tossing around the idea of doing a ports
collection for solaris, and i'd be more than happy to add IRIX to the mix.  but
i'm going to need the help of everyone here to do the ports to get it off the
ground.  any takers?

also, i'd like to do split trees for both, so that you can use gcc or the
commercial compiler.

-brian
--
"when it absolutely has to be there oh, sometime in the next few weeks"