[geeks] C compiler won't create executables ..WTF?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu May 23 20:56:56 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 08:30:35PM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > Gimme BSD and ports anyday over this RPM bullshit
>
> You've not seen packaging nirvana yet.
> 3 words: apt-get install xine

nirvanna is:

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/mail/mutt
# make install

go away, come back later, it, and all it's dependencies have been built and
installed.  screw binary packages, this way *I* get to choose what flags it is
built with (-mv8 and -supersparc instead of a binary package that has neither
so that it runs on anything)

-brian
--
"when it absolutely has to be there oh, sometime in the next few weeks"