[geeks] the everpresent salary question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu May 23 13:45:56 CDT 2002

> Salary surveys are bullshit and they always have been. I'm making very near
> the low-end of that SA salary range. I turned down jobs for more money, but
> they were all EMC consulting jobs. If you can make over $90k in the DC area
> right now with a new sysadmin job, you're doing /extremely/ well. You've
> seen my resume, so you know what kind of experience I've had.

Also, consider other perks outside salary - like the ability to
telecommute, wear ripped jeans to work, flexible hours, lack of $PHBs,
etc.  I've always taken less salary in trade for other benefits.  As
Systems (IT) Director at Bungo I didn't make anywhere near what other IT
directors were making - but on the other hand, I got a lot of leeway
elsewhere.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com