[geeks] Re: [rescue] Irix terminal emulator

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed May 22 23:13:51 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 23:23:36 (-0400), Kurt Huhn wrote: ]
> Subject: [rescue] Irix terminal emulator
>
> Has anyone successfully compiled minicom on Irix 6.5.x?  If you have,
> would you care to write a short how-to?
>
> Failing that, does anyone know of a decent terminal emulator for Irix?
> I've got a Cisco router here that I want to config, and I don't really
> want to drag out an x86 box to do it...

How about the one that comes in "xterm"?

Oh, or do you mean you want a decent "serial port communications
program"?  How about "cu" (from the basic networking utilities, aka
eoe.sw.uucp)?  IIRC there's even a copy of C-Kermit on one of the CDs
full of free software SGI hands out, and if not it's definitely
available pre-compiled on the columbia.edu site....

--
								Greg A. Woods