[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed May 22 12:44:01 CDT 2002

	That reminds me, is anyone making a user level board with 64 bit PCI
slot. I have an adaptec 39160 (love it) that I got for doing some work. It
freaked me out when I got it because it is a 64 bit card and I was panicking
about where I was going to plug it in. Thankfully, in an example of
forethought, these cards will also go into a 32 bit PCI slot. I have always
wanted to stick it in a 64 bit slot though. I imagine that it will improve
performance and I want to find out.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO