WHY PC's SUCK. (was: Re: [geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue May 21 22:22:16 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 03:59:44PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> You would be amazed at how many people I know say, "Gee, Macs are so
> expensive".  Yeah right.  And EVERY one (no, I'm not picking on Dave)
> then tells me about how much time they spend trying to get their PC to
> run.

> To which I reply, "Yeah, but is a ton of useless crap that much better?
> I may not have the choice of 50 video cards, but my computer runs."

You have almost as much video choice as really matters.  Just get Wildcat
support...

I seriously considered getting a Mac the last time I spend more than $150
for a computer.  But, that was long before OS X was out, and I just couldn't
stand the thought of trying to do C++ programming on Mac OS 8.  All the
resets involved the last time I did MacOS 8 C programming made me think
I'd hate the machine in short order.

If only I had that much money to spare again.

--
Joshua D. Boyd