WHY PC's SUCK. (was: Re: [geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Tue May 21 17:59:44 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, at 03:44 , Dave Kimmel wrote:

> I've got an Athlon 750 that refuses to boot (9 times out of 10 anyway)
> at
> 750MHz.  I have to underclock it to 731MHz just to get it to boot.  When
> the BIOS decides to reset the clock speed to the default it takes a few
> tries to get it to boot far enough that I can fix it.  Grr.

You would be amazed at how many people I know say, "Gee, Macs are so
expensive".  Yeah right.  And EVERY one (no, I'm not picking on Dave)
then tells me about how much time they spend trying to get their PC to
run.

Meanwhile.  My G4 runs.  Add memory, it runs.  Add another CPU, it runs.

I also hear the bitch about "Well, you don't have the choices in
hardware or software."

To which I reply, "Yeah, but is a ton of useless crap that much better?
I may not have the choice of 50 video cards, but my computer runs."

Just an observation in the holy wars.

_pete