[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue May 21 17:42:39 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 05:36:34PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Heck, the SocketA 700Mhz Athlon in Amy's box overheats from time to time,
> even - and I've got a big Chrome Orb fan on it and the sides removed from
> the case..

Having the sides removed may not help.  In a well-designed system, the case
may be part of the ducting, and used to channel hot air away from the places
it is produced.

Oh, silly me.  well-designed ... PeeCee ...

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  While researching this email, I was forced to carry out some investigative
  work which unfortunately involved a bucket of puppies and a belt sander
    -- after JoeB, in the Monastery