[geeks] in need of XP assistance

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue May 21 10:02:09 CDT 2002

Force share everything using the properties tab in explorer.... XP uses
something called Simple File Sharing that appears to only be XP
compatible (turn that off and share the old way... it has check
boxes...it then sets a whole bunch of permissions).  You have to force
it to share things with older machines i.e. 98 NT 4.0... it's very
frustrating.   Not to mention performance of file sharing is crap.

Andrew