[geeks] Ebay. Aaaagh!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon May 20 20:30:31 CDT 2002

> Geez, I tell you.  Then when I mentioned that he is paying less with the
> shipping than what I paid for the unit 10 months ago, he insuated that
> he's having to pay for repairs, and that "I'm making him nervous".  I

Nervous?  Show him a movie of an aquaintance crushing a Packard Bell
with his truck.  Tell him the truck does that to cars, too.  That ought
to make him nervous :)

If he doesn't pay, leave bad feedback and relist the item.  Get eBay to
refund the auction charges due to non-paying bidder.  It sucks, but
that's the only thing you can really do.

> Hell, I even posted that I would not try to backcharge PayPal charges.  I
> got hit by that by one guy, telling me AFTER the auction closed.

It's only like 5% or somthing - even less I think.  I dunno - I just
consider it an expense of doing business with Paypal.  The charges would
be similar if I had a merchant account to process credit cards.  It's
such an insignificant fee...

> I give up.

I vowed that once - but I keep going back.  The call of the greenback is
strong...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com