[geeks] A Real OS? (was: Re: my capitalization.. etc.)

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Mon May 20 20:29:37 CDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 22:44, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > Contrast this to the Linux distributions, where you basically have
> > Slackware which tries to be BSD, Debian which tries to be Stallman's fan
> > club, RedHat (I still haven't figured out their angle), and an uncountable
> > number of "it's like RedHat but with a different $feature $characteristic"
> > distributions.
>
> There's two big players in the Linux market, RedHat and SuSE.
> The big companies focus on those two (mostly RedHat).

Where does this statement come from?  The only folks I know who use SuSE
much are Europeans.  It's certainly big over there.  The two that I
think of first are Red Hat Linux, and Debian GNU/Linux.  There are
others that I'm familiar with, but those are the first two I think of.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please don't copy me on replies to the list.