[geeks] A Real OS? (was: Re: my capitalization.. etc.)

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Mon May 20 15:42:04 CDT 2002

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> A lot of the technology out there today is a solution in need of a
> problem.  DO we *really* need web-browsing cell phones?

I thought it was pretty neat to be able to look up a phone number and
address right from the phone, I've actually found it quite useful a few
times.  The browser on the Motorola Timeport is good enough to use in a
pinch, but bad enough that there's no risk of using it for fun.

Of course, I haven't got it set up on my new phone yet and I don't miss
it at all.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca