[geeks] A Real OS? (was: Re: my capitalization.. etc.)

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon May 20 00:04:20 CDT 2002

On Sunday, May 19, 2002, at 09:42 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> But todays 3D accelerators are also quite usefull for things like alpha
> compositing and anti-aliasing.  OS X is supposed to make extensive use
> of
> both, experimental versions of Qt do the same.

True, but were talkin about the average schmoe here.  Hell, I can do web
browsing and photo work quite well on a Quadra 840AV, if needs be.
Granted, I can't play movies as well, and can't use the crappy
flash-based web pages, but it get s the job done.

A lot of the technology out there today is a solution in need of a
problem.  DO we *really* need web-browsing cell phones?

-Pete