[geeks] A Real OS? (was: Re: my capitalization.. etc.)

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sun May 19 22:34:20 CDT 2002

On Sunday, May 19, 2002, at 08:15 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:

> But you are saying having a lesser amount of supported
> hardware is a good thing, and less supported hardware
> means fewer users.

I like that idea.  I used to set up Solaris x86 production servers and
bought the hardware that was supported.  Damn things ran like a tank.

More choices are not always better.  Especially since most PeeCee
hardware is rushed to market and designed to be obsolete before
everybody finds the massive amounts of bugs.

-Pete