[geeks] A Real OS? (was: Re: my capitalization.. etc.)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun May 19 12:07:42 CDT 2002

> So, we just really need a civilized way to settle this.  How about a few
> rounds in OS fighter?  Wait, I haven't gotten it finished yet.  Never mind.
> Need to get started on the animation.

*Or* we could just say that each OS has it's place in the world.  Linux,
to this crufty old jerk anyway, seems to be better suited to duty on x86
hardware on desktops.  I think, in that capacity, it is well suited due
to the enoumous amount of hardware it supports, and the amount of
graphical pointy-clicky tools it has.  That's not to say any other OS
isn't - it totally depends on your target audience.  That also doesn't
mean that it's perfect, it isn't, but no OS I've seen to date is
"perfect" in *every* capacity.

It'a all about fitness for purpose...
--
Kurt