[geeks] NFS across 3COM 2500

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Sat May 18 09:48:39 CDT 2002

I'm having some problems running NFS across my 3COM Lanplex 2500. The
server is a Linux machine on the FDDI net. The Lanplex connects the
Fast Ethernet and FDDI networks in my house. A machine on the
ethernet side can see the files on a NFS mount but not use them. This
happens with OpenBSD, HP-UX and Solaris clients. It's not been a
problem so up until now because all of my "real" machines are on FDDI
where NFS works perfectly. But my HP 712/100 hath no FDDI and there
is no way to get FDDI on it so I'm rather stuck. Anybody have any
suggestions as to how to get this working?

Thanks
Mike