[geeks] Math books

S. Gwizdak wazm at rm-f.net
Sat May 18 00:12:09 CDT 2002

> I've got Wolfram's book on the way (which looks AWESOME).  Any other
> suggestions?    Amazon URLs appreciated. 8-)

Well, do you want books about math, or books that teach you math? :)

There's the Erdo"s book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786884061/qid=1021698296
/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-5283354-4700621

This is good:

ref=pd_sim_books/103-5283354-4700621

> basically, I've never done any higher-level math (other than what I did and
> forgot in college), and would like to learn more.

Well you could learn calculus, linear algebra, etc. But this would
require doing "homework" like things. (Booring.) So you might be
better off with a discrete math book covering things remotely useful
to your life, such as things to do with combinatoric theory. I really
can't give a good book reference other than that really huge book
in barnes&noble that I can barely lift that talks about everything in
math.