[geeks] Re: Cop Cars

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Fri May 17 23:09:52 CDT 2002

> mmmmmm... I saw this done a couple years ago. It wasn't such a big deal
> then as it is now. i believe bullydog.com has kits of dodge diesels.
> the number i saw on the dyno was 30%. damn cool idea, and diesel
> engines are near indestructible.

One more note to this -- I've been meaning to try out an idea i've had
for a while.

My thought was you could actually use propane and an oxidant (sat
nitrous?) to drastically speed up the turbine half of a turbocharger,
thus allowing you to put a much larger compressor on a small
displacement motor than you would normally use. Small displacement, of
course, being 2-4L. if you did it right (and were crazy enough) you
could actually make some serious power by essentially using your
turbocharger both as an intake air compressor and a turbojet.

alex