[geeks] Re: Cop Cars

Michael Schiller schiller at zaphod.agrijag.com
Fri May 17 22:55:11 CDT 2002

alex j avriette wrote:

> > I ended up getting a 92 dually diesel. The link below are the pictures
>
> i love those motors. i have a very fond place in my heart for inline
> sixes with turbos on them.

I have a quick question for you. This truck is replacing a 93 4wd
version of the same truck (also a dually, but with an extended cab). The
engine in this truck is stock, as is the exhaust system. The engine in
my other truck had a Banks turbo (that I had put on NEW, so wear isn't
an issue) along with the Banks intercooler (replacing the factory one),
and their larger exhaust system. When I had the work done to my old
truck it made an apparent difference, the truck felt more powerful (it
still had a top end of 75) than it had before. The question is this: My
new truck feels like it has more power than my old one, even though it's
stock, could this be due to a weight difference between a 2wd & 4wd,
and/or the diff between a regular cab, and an extended cab? Or could my
other truck's engine just been more worn out? When my old truck got
crunched it had 170k miles on it, my new one has 237k now. (had 233k
when I bought it)

Also, I agree with you that you're probably more qualified than I to
talk about actual power issues, but what I'm talking about is the feel
of the vehicle. To me at least, the police versions FEEL like they have
more power than the civie versions. And I CAN attest to the fact that a
police car will take a lot more abuse (cab drivers can really abuse a
vehicle) than the civie version.

-Mike

            +------------------------------+          (/**\)
            | I'm outstanding in my field! |\        ((o  o))___
PGP fingerprint: D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74
Email: schiller at nospam.agrijag.com          http://www.agrijag.com
Voice: 304-334-3951                          FAX: 304-334-3644