[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 17 20:37:28 CDT 2002

> > Uhm, he's *driven* them?  HELLO, MCFLY...
>
> Bill, having driven a particular vehicle in no way qualifies me to judge
> its performance. You could take my car out for a spin and not know
> whether it was a 4 banger or a v12 under the hood. You also wouldnt know
> whether it was as powerful, more powerful, or less powerful than any
> other car on the road. The key word above was 'objectively'.

I can totally tell what engine is under the hood of a car.  However, I'm
*very* experienced with cars of all types.  Each engine type demands a
driving style - a 4cyl needs to treated much differently than an 8.
Displacement also plays a huge factor, but I digress...

I happen to know that Mike S. is also quite experienced with vehicles of
all types - so I would trust his findings, and believe them to be
objective.

I also think that if I drive a car, I'm *very* qualified to judge it's
performance relative to other cars I've driven.  Like eating a BK or
McD's burger - if you have eaten both, you are qualified to judge them
relative to each other.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com