[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Michael Schiller schiller at zaphod.agrijag.com
Fri May 17 19:42:24 CDT 2002

I had one particular Dodge Diplomat that had been a Georgia State Police
car before I got it, and it had a bunch of after market stuff on it. It
had an edelbrok (sp?) manifold, with a BIG 4 barrel carb on it, it was
one of my fastest cars, but when I first got it, I stopped by my parents
biz, and a friend of my father who was a Captain on the Fort Lauderdale
PD looked at it thru the window, and when I commented that it was from
Georgia he said "I'll bet it's hood is good and dented up" When I asked
him how he knew, and why was it, he explained it to me. I had never
thought of it, but after that conversation I looked over my fleet, and
sure enough, all the cars had hoods with dents in about the same places
(but none had as many as that GA car!). Another common spot for a dent
is in the roof, right next to the driver door, and I attribute that to
the cop being pissed about one thing or another, I got pissed once, and
thought I put a dent in the roof, but all I did was make the existing
one bigger :)

-Mike

--
            +------------------------------+          (/**\)
            | I'm outstanding in my field! |\        ((o  o))___
PGP fingerprint: D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74
Email: schiller at nospam.agrijag.com          http://www.agrijag.com
Voice: 304-334-3951                          FAX: 304-334-3644