my capitalization/punctuation (was: Re: [geeks] Re: Need an opinion)

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Fri May 17 17:52:22 CDT 2002

> You ought to try using them in a proper manner yourself some time.
> You'd be amazed at how people's opinion of you changes if you display
> the ability to type properly. :-)

actually the only time i .. hm. no, actually, i use punctuation and
capitalization in a couple circumstances:

when i am flaming somebody (pretty rare these days)
when the meaning is ambiguous (its vs it's for example)

generally i'm pretty pedantic. it just takes so much more effort to use
the shift key. it might be easily explained by the fact that the shift
key is actually _under_ my hand rather than to the left of it, so i have
to _stop_ typing, figure out where the key is, and move to it. the
reason for this is the size of my hands (i can span the entire keyboard
on my pbg4 with one hand).

if your opinion of me is based upon the proper capitalization of my
posts to this list... well, i deeply apologize, hope i havent caused any
damage, and will pay proper restitution to all those whom i have harmed.

ALEX