[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Fri May 17 17:43:30 CDT 2002

> That's like saying a 318 only gets 300ft-lb and 240hp.  My latest dyno
> runs show 350ft-lb and 260hp at **the rear wheels**.  And my work on the
> engine has been minimal - intake, exhaust, fuel mapping, transmission
> shift-kit.  The blower will add about 50% to that number, even before I

uh huh. well sure. the reason police vehicles are not done up like this
is it voids their factory warranties, and makes them less reliable. the
fact that it can be done is nothing like proof that it is done. the
reason a crown vic tops out at 120mph is not a speed limiter but an out
and out lack of horsepower. theyre an anaemic, unaerodynamic brick.

alex