[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 17 17:27:55 CDT 2002

alex j avriette wrote:

> um, you guys *are* aware a crown vic tops out at something like 120mph
> and does 0-60 in something near 8 seconds, right? im just completely
> baffled by this talk of muscle-cop-cars. the caprice i can understand
> because its basically a sissified impala. but a crown vic??

It is not just possible, but extremely easy to overcome the speed
limiter, as well as add power/torque to overcome the air resistance and
whatnot.  A stock 4.6l V8 is very customizeable, and theres literally a
metric *assload* of aftermarket go-fast goodies.

That's like saying a 318 only gets 300ft-lb and 240hp.  My latest dyno
runs show 350ft-lb and 260hp at **the rear wheels**.  And my work on the
engine has been minimal - intake, exhaust, fuel mapping, transmission
shift-kit.  The blower will add about 50% to that number, even before I
do work with fuel delivery.  And the 4.11 gears will put it all to the
pavement in a very quick fashion.  My 0-60, according to a buddy's
G-Tech, has gone up by just over a full second.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com