[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Fri May 17 17:11:30 CDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Should have bought a Caprice. Crown Vics suck.
>
> I've always like the 94-95 Impalas - nice machines...

Try a 96 9C1 converted into an Impala-clone. Heavy duty suspension,
heavy-duty brakes, front and rear anti-sway bars... the 9C1 (Cop model)
has lots of little extras along the way that add up to better handling at
speed. I have heard a few reports of some folks preferring the Impala's
steering box to the 9C1's, but those are a select few and it's mostly
because of low-speed handling -- not pulling J-turns at 50 MPH.