[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Fri May 17 12:55:38 CDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Sleeper :)
>
> I personally like stock-looking cars with a shitpile of go-fast parts
> hidden out of sight.  The police don't harass you, and kids in "type-R"
> Toyota Carollas have no idea you're about to stomp all over them.  The
> look of surprise is worth every scraped knuckle...

This is what I am going to do with the cop-car I'm going to buy. I don't
plan on racing it, but I will have it in operating condition.

> I enjoy it too - I even bought it on DVD.  Great movie - lots of
> eye-candy, and not totally technically innacurate.  The only thing I
> really disagreed with was the use of the name "NOS" as a generic term
> for nitrous systems.  That and the destruction of a perfectly good MOPAR
> at the end made me want to cry :(

MOPAR? Is that an acronym?

BTW, the motor sounds were authentic. They took some PZM mikes and placed
them right on the motors, back decks, etc. Unfortunately, those little
four cylinder motors don't make many runs before a $5K motor is shot. I've
been trying to convince my friend of this, but alas, he is not open to
suggestion.