[geeks] Re: Need an opinion

Michael Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Fri May 17 07:14:44 CDT 2002

Back in the days of muscle cars we put a Boss 351 in a Sunbeam Alpine. The
customer thought that this would be a simple Alpine->Tiger conversion. He
neglected to notice that the 289 that was used in the Tiger was a 60 degree
V8 and the Boss 351 was a 90 degree V8 with GIANT cylinder heads. With a
little reconstruction we got the 351 installed without needing a hood
scoop. It was an amazing stop light racer.

> I'm pretty torn. On one hand the new Cobra is a kickass, well-balanced car.
> On the other hand, it's not nearly as distinctive as the Boss 302. When was
> the last time you saw a Boss on the road?

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson at IDS.net