[geeks] photogeeks?

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Thu May 16 22:33:36 CDT 2002

donindigo2 at mac.com writes:

>on 5/16/02 10:36 PM, dave at cca.org at dave at cca.org wrote:

>> I've been working on a web site for this big tour in july - there's
>> about fifteen bands involved, and I have to get promo photos for all
>> of them, so I've been dealing with lots and lots of rock-n-roll photography.

>Do you know Jim Marshall's work? He has shot most of the big name rock bands
>since the '60's with Leica M cameras.

Did he have a lot of work in that big coffee-table book of rock photography
that Rolling Stone put out a few years ago?

I don't know anyone in the field (except for the people I'm dealing with
now) by name.

One of the best photographers in my scene, Hisham Bharoocha, uses
a large format camera of some type. He's had a bunch of work in
"Nest", some interior design magazine in NY. I've been harassing
him to send me a scan of a photo he took for one of the bands I
deal with, and he keeps saying he will....

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----- Being poked in the eye with a sharp stick makes baby jesus cry! -----