[geeks] FSCK'ing Verison

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Thu May 16 22:17:26 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:44:52PM -0400, Ryn had the audacity to opine:
> I had a similar thing happen with my DSL line. The line tech said they pulled
> fiber out to a DSLAM in one of the remote switching offices. It was very
> nice of them to forget to connect my copper pair to the new DSLAM:( I had
> another issue where they terminated my pair incorrectly at the NID. I did
> not enjoy sharing my phone line with my next door neighbor.

  Two years ago, I moved from one apartment to the one next door. It
  took Qworst 35 days to switch my DSL service over, even though we'd
  called ahead two months in advance, and even though out POTS switched
  over seamlessly.

  Got a letter in the mail this week, apparently there was a class
  action suit, and I should expect a check for $130 in the mail in the
  next two weeks!