[geeks] BGP on a Cisco Router

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu May 16 13:13:40 CDT 2002

> Ah - makes sense.  Don't you have some security concerns about hosting
> your public stuff on your internal network?  Perhaps a DMZ would be a good
> idea[tm] - or move the stuff to a cheap colo/hosting company for
> $small_fee every month.
>
> Just experience talking :) Starting off small is fun - I miss those days.

DMZ is certainly a good idea.  But I don't really have that kind of
freedom yet - just working on the specific question of redundant
internet links now.  That and I'm about 800 miles from his offices (he's
based in OH, and I'm in RI).

I can't work for big companies anymore - not unless I'm on the top.  Too
many $PHBs and $Suits spoil the bigger companies - and finding one
without dumbass managers is pretty difficult.  In the time being I'm
trying to find some consulting jobs until I get a nice permanent
position sorted out.

I don't know what he has out there for colo facilities, but I imagine
that if he's attempting to create a situation with dual T1s in his
office, the pickin's must be slim.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."