[geeks] BGP on a Cisco Router

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 16 09:07:07 CDT 2002

Unfortunately, the 2500's are not capable of handling a full internet BGP
table in any way. If you *could* get 128M of ram in the box, its CPU would
be dogged to death.

The bare minimum is a 3640, and thats pushing it. You *could* use your 2500
IF you have your ISP provide route summarization and use a private AS number
if your goals are to only 1) "own" an assigned transportable IP space and 2)
multihome your internet connections/load balance.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751