[geeks] getting a "web server" set up

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Thu May 16 09:00:58 CDT 2002

Since I figured out how to do packet
forwarding with my Alcatel adsl modem
I thought I might experiment with setting
up a web server. I am doing this now mostly
for the sake of learning a bit about it but
who knows what it might lead to.

Over the course of the day I have compiled
and installed:

Apache
xslt
xml
expat
sablotron
php

I also have mysql running on my OpenBSD PC.

It was recommended I look at the O'Reilly
book "Programming PHP" for hints. Anyone have
any other recommendations on where to look
for examples? Anything else I should add
to my installation? Any good tips or things to try
out? I do want to learn about "XML" and use that
as much as possible.

--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL