[geeks] P2 VRM

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu May 16 01:19:59 CDT 2002

Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> It all depends. I have seen some PII boards with VRM's, but my Tyan Tiger
> 100 doesn't use VRM's (neither do any of the Dual PII/III boards at work).
>
> Most Xeon and dual PPro boards use VRM's.

Our Compaq Proliant 1600R (from P-II 400 to P-III 667) uses VRM modules.
They look more like tank-prototypes than anything else, and is a PITA to
work with, IMO. I recall the old Compaq Professional Workstation is an
exakt replica of the Proliant 1600R, just standing on a pair of feet
instead.

I tried fitting an extra PPro 200 CPU into an old AST Manhattan server
and all I could find was a VRM from a P-II machine. It didn't work, even
though I checked the particular VRM specs and comparing with Intels
PPro-specs. *gasp*

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB