[geeks] P2 VRM

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed May 15 11:53:57 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 11:04:35 (-0500), Shawn Wallbridge wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [geeks] P2 VRM
>
> It all depends. I have seen some PII boards with VRM's, but my Tyan Tiger
> 100 doesn't use VRM's (neither do any of the Dual PII/III boards at work).

No, it doesn't depend -- there's always a VRM for each P-II, though
whether it's integrated on the motherboard or supplied as a separate
plug-in module is a different question....  Often dual-CPU boards will
have on VRM on the motherboard and the other plugs in to a socket,
though the IBM servers I have use a plug-in VRM for both CPUs.

--
								Greg A. Woods