[geeks] FDDI for a VAXstation 4000

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue May 14 16:00:26 CDT 2002

On 2002.05.14 20:01 Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> If anyone is interested I came across this in my travels....
> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2023654651
"DEC FDDI Daughter Card Vaxstation 4000"
This is not true. I have a card like that right now in front of me. This
card is the DAS option card for a DEC DEFEA EISA FDDI card. This card
has only the fiber transceiver with some driver chips. It is useless
without the DEFEA. The DEFEA itself is a SAS card. You can put this card
beside a DEFEA, link them with a ribbon cable and the DEFEA will become
a DAS card.

I have not seen a FDDI option for a VS4k. It exists. AFAIK it is a
TurboChannel bridge and a DEFTA.
--

tsch,
         Jochen