[geeks] lipschitz

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue May 14 10:22:05 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 07:54:39AM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 14, 2002, at 07:34 , Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> >On a related note, I need to get to a machine with Mathematica on it
>
> We have a few copies installed at work on an E6000.  I just read that
> the OS X version is out, and kicks major butt.  TWO kernels in the basic
> license, which means some ripping performance on dual-CPU g4's. :-)

Does that mean that if I got myself a student license for linux that I
wouldn't be able to use both processors in my dual CPU linux machine?

I've been considering getting the student version.  It's pretty cheap, and
I can fairly cheaply upgrade to regular within a year of graduating (the
student version plus upgrade is something like a little over half the cost
of the full version).  And it is usefull for somethings.  It probably would
be usefull for a lot of things if I had more ready access to it.

What do you do with it on the e6k?  That is a lot of CPU power for
mathematica.  I keep wanting to, but I never get around to it, try to write a
renderer in mathematica.  At the moment what I want is to explore creating
implicit surfaces by taking a piecewise function for n pieces, and takeing
the limit of the function as n approaches infinity.  In my extremely limited
experience, Mathematica is bad with limits, but I think this should be right
up its alley.

--
Joshua D. Boyd