[geeks] Basic electronics books

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Mon May 13 20:45:39 CDT 2002

> Anyone know of any GOOD *BASIC* (I am a newbie with electronics) electronic
> books? I would like something that covers theory (What is a capacitor, inductor,
> transistor) and explains how everything works. I would also like something with
> labs that I could muck with my sodering iron and circuit boards.

The Art of Electronics, Horowitz and Hill (No relation)
Good all round, goes in depth too. The in depth stuff can be very
scary, but I wouldn't let that put you off.

Analogue Electronics, Martin Reekie (Covers a lot of handy stuff, he
was my Director of Studies too...)

Electronics, Crecraft, Sparkes and Gorham

These were books I used for my first year EE and Electronics courses
at Uni. There's a lot of random stuff there, If I had to buy one, it
would probably be The Art of Electronics.

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator