motors for kit cars (was Re: [geeks] Hmmmm fattening)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon May 13 17:09:32 CDT 2002

alex j avriette wrote:

> > I've dropped my V-Twin powered micro-hotrod idea in favor of a cobra
>
> Eh. Just go with a Lotus Elise and you'll be fine.

Blah - a high-winding 4-cyl is not my idea of a muscle car.  It works,
no doubt.  However I like to feel the pistons throbbing up and down
vibrating the car all over, er, I mean.  crap....

> > kit-car.  I'm debating what engine should go in it - perhaps a V-10 if
> > there's room :)  Dodge is also going to be making a 6.1-liter Hemi in
> > the next couple years, and that might be a nice powerplant too.
>
> You can pick up a viper motor for $5000-6000 out of a wrecked one. Join
> a viper mailing list. I thought long and hard about stuffing one into my
> Z car.

I think a 10-cyl is too much weight.  I'm going to go with a
small-block, bored out to larger displacement.  Which one?  heh, maybe
a  360 bored and stroked to 408 :)
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."