[geeks] Off-road trucks (was F*n sweet car..)

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon May 13 11:27:17 CDT 2002

You notice nobody said the thing was functional, but if you were making a show/drag car you don't need any interior room other than driver seat, and don't need a transmission, which shortens up the drive train. The frame/suspension question is irrelevant because the original suspension wouldn't hold two big blocks up anyway.  I had one.  There was a guy that ran a company putting Allison aircraft engines in weird places, including a 4 Allison Drag vehicle (Yep, he called it QuadAl)  And he built a three wheeler with a honda chopper front end and a '49 plymouth rear-end, that looked for all the world like an allison engine on a trailer.  He built it to prove you didn't need chrome to get peoples attention.  Of course an allison with shorty exhaust would probably get attention for about a 2 mile radius :-)  I have the article from the '70s cut out of some magazine somewhere.

Tim