[geeks] SGI values

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sun May 12 11:36:39 CDT 2002

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 12:28:20AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> There is an interesting question.  Which is better, Max Impact, or SI+Tram.
> I suspect SI+Tram is probably better than Max Impact.  But, I can't say as
> I've directly compared them.  I personally would rather an SI+Tram to a
> Max Impact.

not counting the speed benefits of XIO, isn't a MaxImpact more like an SSI+TRAM
but with only half the TRAM?  it's got twice the GE balls of a SolidImpact, but
can only have 1meg or 4meg TRAM.  right?

although for TRAM "bleed over into system ram" the Octane will stomp cause XIO
is so stinkin' fast.

-brian
--
"when it absolutely has to be there oh, sometime in the next few weeks"