[geeks] What is the SSI graphics in a Octane.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat May 11 22:31:11 CDT 2002

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 02:20:17AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Sat, 11 May 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > not 100% true.  it does do 1600x1200, but only at 54Hz refresh, so it's
> > almost like not doing it at all. ;)
>
> Anything at less than 60 (72 really) Hz refresh is better left untouched.

60hz is recommended for editing NTSC video.  Unless 120hz is an option.
100hz is recommended for editing PAL.  72, the most common of the two
these days, happens to be absolutely just right for editing film.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo